FAWN MANUFACTURING CORPORATION
Standard Guarantee and Warranty
I. This is the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty Policy and supersedes all previous warranties. Manufacturer reserves the right to make design changes, additions to, and improvements upon any of Manufacturer’s products without incurring any obligation to incorporate same on any products previously manufactured. In the event that any provision of this Warranty should be, or become, invalid and/or unenforceable, the remaining terms and provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect. In the event that Manufacturer negotiates, with respect to any particular product purchased from Manufacturer, a replacement, performance, compromise or settlement not consistent with this Warranty, such action of Manufacturer shall not be deemed a waiver or expansion of this Warranty and this Warranty Policy shall remain in full force and effect as written with respect to any other product, whether of this type or kind. No party in any way affiliated with Manufacturer is authorized to amend or vary the terms of this Warranty.
2. Manufacturer warrants to the “Original Purchaser,” and to no others, all products manufactured to be free from faulty workmanship and defects in materials for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment from Des Moines, Iowa, subject to terms and conditions expressed herein.
3. Such Warranty shall not apply unless the product has become defective under normal use and service and has not been subjected to accident, abuse, misuse, vandalism, fire, or neglect or damage resulting from improper voltage, inadequate wiring or Act of God. Alterations or failure to follow operating and installation instructions shall automatically void this Warranty. The Warranty does not include light bulbs, ballasts, fuses, finish/paint or operating supplies.
Any claim made pursuant to this Warranty shall be conditioned upon Manufacturer’s inspection of the product upon which the claim is made.
4. For purposes of this Warranty, “Original Purchaser” shall mean that person, business entity, association, or corporation whose name shall appear as purchaser on the original invoice. The rights and obligations under this Warranty may be assigned by the Original Purchaser only by written authorization of Manufacturer.
5. Should any failure to conform to the foregoing Warranty appear within the period described in Paragraph two, Manufacturer shall, at its option, upon prompt notice of such non- conformity and confirmation that the goods have been properly stored, installed, operated, and maintained, correct the non-conformity either by repairing any defective goods or by shipping replacement goods. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND A FULFILLMENT OF ALL OF SELLER’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS.
6. Manufacturer’s products repaired or replaced pursuant to this Warranty shall be warranted for the unexpired portion of the Warranty applying to the original product. Any technical advice furnished before or after delivery in regard to the use or application of Manufacturer’s products is furnished without charge and on the basis that it represents Manufacturer’s best judgement under the circumstances, but that it is used at the recipient’s sole risk.
7. This product, or parts thereof, subject to this Warranty must not be returned without prior authorization from Manufacturer and all returns must conform to the In-Warranty Return Procedure hereinafter provided.
8. Hermetically sealed refrigeration systems contained in products designed to vend cold beverages** are warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of five
(5) years* from the date of shipment from Des Moines, Iowa. Cold food vending machines and frozen product vending machines carry a one year refrigeration warranty from the date of purchase. The hermetically sealed refrigeration system does not include the condenser and evaporator fan motors, overload switch, and relay or temperature controls which are covered by the Warranty contained hereinabove provided in Paragraph l. Inclusion of accessory items on replacement systems for convenience does not imply that they are covered by the same Warranty as the hermetically sealed portion of the refrigeration system. This warranty is subject to the exceptions contained in Paragraphs 2 and 3 above and is governed by the foregoing terms, conditions and limitations.
*Five-year Pro Rated Warranty: Sealed refrigeration system carries a 5 year Pro-Rated warranty which will
be administered as follows: 1-year =full, 2nd year= 80%, 3rd year= 60%, 4th year= 40%, 5th year= 20%.
** Includes CB300, CB500, CB700. (Alpine and combo vendors (Futura/Advantage) Machines Excluded from the 5 year prorated warranty).
9. Under no circumstances should the entire refrigeration system be returned to Manufacturer except for repair or replacement of the hermetically sealed refrigeration unit. Freight charges are not assumed by Manufacturer.
10. Manufacturer will not cover, and this Warranty expressly does not include, any repair, replacement, analysis or other expense for parts or services furnished on any equipment not manufactured by Manufacturer unless specifically authorized in writing by Manufacturer. Any components subsequently attached or affixed to the equipment will not be covered by the warranty, even if Manufacturer has expressly accommodated the equipment to cover said installation or attachment. Any components subsequently attached must be approved components previously tested by Manufacturer or installation will void the warranty to the entire unit. This Warranty does not include any minor adjustments or preparation associated with making the equipment operational after receipt of shipment.
11. This Warranty does not apply to machines located outside the United States; to used or reconditioned equipment; to equipment sold “as is;” or to any components of a machine designed for operation under special conditions or on a current other than 110/120 volts, 60 cycle. The owner/user of the equipment must bear responsibility for cleaning of condenser or evaporator coils, proper connection to a grounded power supply of sufficient voltage,
replacement of blown fuses, repair of loose connections or correcting defects in external wiring. Failure to discharge these responsibilities will void the warranty.
12. Manufacturer expressly disclaims any responsibility for coin or bill mechanisms (“coinage”) which accept counterfeit currency or coins or for any monetary loss resulting from malfunction. This Warranty is limited to repair or replace the coinage mechanism that is defective in material or workmanship during the Warranty period. The manufacturer reserves the right to install components on new machines which have previously been installed on other units. These components will carry a new warranty, will be thoroughly tested before installation, and represent only a small percentage of the composition of the unit.
13. Damage incurred during shipment must be reported to the terminating carrier by the Original Purchaser or his consignee and a claim filed with said carrier. No claims for freight damage should be filed with Manufacturer. Title and risk of loss pass to the purchaser on delivery to the common carrier of the vending machine or replacement part. This Warranty contained herein SHALL NOT APPLY or be deemed to place any liability on Manufacturer for any labor or additional material costs in repairing or replacing products or parts covered by the Warranty.
14. Before using this product, purchaser shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FAWN MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO “CONSUMERS” AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN SEC. 101 OF PUBLIC LAW 93-637, THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY- FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENT ACT. If repair or replacement of component is rendered illegal because of subsequent law changes manufacturer will have no responsibility for procuring replacement products if doing so would be commercially impractical, e.g. replacement refrigeration gas if the current product is no longer legal.
15. It is expressly provided that there is no warranty either express or implied that all components will remain available for the life of the equipment and that if any federal, state or local laws or regulations prohibit the sale of any components, all obligations for replacement hereunder are terminated.
16. Any units sold are sold with no direct warranty as to the coin handling mechanism or as to the dollar bill acceptor/validator. Manufacturer shall pass along any warranty rights it has on these components to the purchaser and any warranty requests on the coinage system or the bill validator should be directed to the respective manufacturer of these components.
In-Warrantv Return Procedure
1. All products or parts therefrom, may be returned only upon prior authorization from Manufacturer.
2. All returned products and/or parts must be shipped prepaid to Manufacturer. No collect shipments will be accepted. The purchaser must be certain that the packaging of products/parts to be returned is adequate to ensure no damage in transit. This Warranty shall be considered void if in the manufacturer’s sole opinion any product/part is damaged due to careless or improper packaging or handling.
3. Any product or part returned to Manufacturer under the terms of this Warranty must be accompanied by a Return Goods Tag, properly filled out as to the Unit Model Number, the Serial Number and a detailed explanation of failure.
4. Only defective components of units should be returned. The complete unit must not be returned unless expressly authorized by Manufacturer.
5. To qualify for warranty replacement, all returns must be completed and received within 30 days of expiration of warranty and/or within 30 days of actual failure. If found to be inoperative due to defects in material and workmanship, manufacturer will, at its option, repair or furnish a reconditioned or new replacement part, at no charge.
6. With regard to the hermetically sealed refrigeration system, if a defective part needs replacement or repair and is within the warranty period, such part will be replaced or repaired at no charge, provided purchaser pays for labor for removal and installation of such part. If the part is deemed to be not covered by the Warranty, a charge for said part and labor shall be made pursuant to the Out-Of-Warranty procedure hereinafter described.
I. Products or parts whose warranty has expired or been violated should not be returned to Manufacturer without specific authorization and a purchase order for the work to be performed.
2. If, upon receipt by Manufacturer, it is discovered that the Warranty has expired or been violated, Manufacturer, at is election, may repair or replace the product or part or return it, as is, at purchaser’s expense.
3. Any parts replaced by Manufacturer shall be billed to purchaser at the retail cost of the replacement part less the salvage value of the part replaced.
4. Any contact with regard to the repair or replacement of products or parts, or any matter regarding the product, should be directed to Customer Service Department. Toll free 1-800-236-2929, Email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Ship Pre-authorized material returns to; 8040 University Blvd, Clive, Iowa 50325.